Losing a job is never easy, but when you lose your job because your employer did not respect your rights, or as a result of retaliation for speaking out regarding discrimination, harassment safety issues, lack of pay, or anything else, the result can be devastating. You have the right not only not to be discriminated against, but also the right to speak up for yourself and others.If you were wrongfully terminated, the Law Offices of Jeremy Pasternak is prepared to work to achieve the best possible outcome for your case. Jeremy Pasternak is an experienced lawyer who represents clients throughout Northern California.
What Are Your Rights Under Federal And California Law?
State and federal laws offer you a broad spectrum of rights, including:
- The right to be paid for hours that you worked and the wages you have earned: If you were fired for complaining that you did not receive overtime pay or were not paid for all of the hours that you worked, or were not paid commissions or bonuses you earned, you may have a claim for wrongful termination.
- The right to complain about safety: If you do not feel safe at work, you have the right to refuse to go to work. You also have the right to complain about safety issues. If you are fired for doing so, you may have a claim for wrongful termination.
- The right to speak out against discrimination: Whether you complained that you were discriminated against or spoke out against discrimination that you witnessed in the workplace, your right to make a complaint is protected by law.
- The right to be free from harassment in the workplace: The law protects your right to complain about workplace harassment. If your employer retaliates by firing you, you have the right to take legal action.
- The right to ask for a reasonable accommodation for your disability: The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and California State law grant you the legal right to ask for a reasonable accommodation of your disability without fear of retaliation.
If you have been illegally fired, the Law Offices of Jeremy. Pasternak can explain your rights and help you determine what remedies you may have available to you.Even if you are in the process of being terminated or simply suspect that you are about to be terminated, do not hesitate to contact Mr. Pasternak at his office in San Francisco.
Workplace Retaliation Lawyer
Motive matters. The reason behind your employer’s decision to fire you often determines what your rights are and whether you have a case. As a San Francisco wrongful termination lawyer, Jeremy Pasternak will help you determine whether your employer’s motive for firing you was a violation of your rights.
Contact The Law Offices Of Jeremy Pasternak
Contact attorney Jeremy Pasternak at his office in downtown San Francisco 415-693-0300 or send an email.